Blogs & Articles , Case Studies
Tekdis enables mobile point-of-care solution
Tekdis was approached by a customer looking for a Workstation on Wheels (WoW) solution, aiming to provide a fully integrated nursing station that optimizes the patient care process by enabling mobile point-of-care.
The Tekdis solution was based on the ergonomic and power advantages provided by Bytec Healthcare. Its large touch screen, practical drawers, and long battery life together with an easy to clean design and ease to manoeuvre distinguishes the GeniCart from the competition.
The final solution included 110 Tekdis GeniCart WoWs which feature:
- Award-Winning removable battery for longer computer run time and to last throughout a shift.
- Integrated draw to help enhance critical clinical systems such as bedside documentation and beside medication administration.
- Neat cable routing to avoid snagging and for easy cleaning and management
- Fan less operation for improved infection control.
- Lifter for height adjustments and to help support better posture
- Larger wheels to decrease the amount of force needed to operate and moves easier on all floor types.
- The ability to customise to individuals/hospitals with over 30 different attachments.
The core of the mobile WoWs was:
Up to 16Hrs of Battery Life*
- 1 x Geni-View Cloud
(The GeniTec system incorporates a real-time clock, to allow it to record time and incident-driven event logs. Every time a battery is added or taken away, every time the system is charging or delivering power, events logs are being generated and at each event, a snapshot of the system’s vital signs are recorded.)
- 1 x Medical Grade Keyboard
- Medical Grade AIO Computer
- Intel Core i5 CPU
- Industrial 8GB DDR Memory
- Industrial 256GB Solid State Drive
- Built-In Wifi Card w/integrated Antenna’s
- Windows 10IoT
Tekdis configured each unit as part of our “Build To Order” service including the configuration and installation of the Win 10 IOT OS. Units were delivered direct to the hospital & wheeled out for immediate use.
- Increasing accuracy and immediacy of data and facilitating the needs of healthcare professionals with timely delivery of information.
- All-in-one functionality with slim design to fit in limited space.
- Enhanced workflow.
- Fanless, low noise, dustproof, water repellent, while complying with medical safety standards.
- Tekdis as a single vendor provided the main components and added value to the customer with the Build to Order configuration & local support team.
- Higher patient Satisfaction